ATHICA’s exhibition series Solo Duo Trio expands opportunities for individual artists to exhibit their work at ATHICA and its satellite location, ATHICA@Ciné. Artists working in any media with a cohesive body of work are invited to apply. Challenging, progressive, and innovative work is welcome. Work will be reviewed for selection by the ATHICA Exhibitions Committee.
Required Application Materials
Completed Application Form:
Including the following:
- Artist statement about the body of work
- Brief artist’s bio
- 10-15 high quality images or links for consideration combined into a single Word document or PDF. Please label each item with a brief description, title, and date.
- Example: “Painting, Oil and Pastel, Sunset on the Rhine, 2019″
- Example: “Video, 15 minutes, Banana Peel, 2020″
Completed $10 Application Processing Fee:
Only applications with paid fees will be considered. If you need an application fee waiver, please contact email@example.com.
If Selected for Exhibition
- The artist will be offered an opportunity as part of a duo or trio group exhibition in the main ATHICA location or a solo exhibition at ATHICA@Ciné. In the event that the artist declines the offered date and location, they may ask to go back into the pool for consideration in another cycle.
- Artist responsibilities for the exhibition include:
- Completion of a loan and exhibition agreement outlining all terms and guidelines
- Provision of any additional information needed for promotional purposes
- Preparation of artwork in accordance with guidelines (framing or other professional presentation of work required; subject to ATHICA’s review)
- Installation and de-installation of artwork in accordance with established procedures
- Co-promotion of exhibition on artist’s social media accounts
- Provision of any reception refreshments
- Donation of 30% of any sales to ATHICA and Ciné via ATHICA, which will handle the donation-sharing with Ciné
- ATHICA will provide:
- Gallery space, lighting, installation and de-installation supervision, and assistance with labels and signage
- Promotion of the exhibition on the web, e-newsletter, social media, and through media outlets
- Printed poster, flyer, or postcard for distribution
Deadlines and Application:
- Deadline for 2022: June 30, 2021
- Deadline for 2023: June 30, 2022
Application Form: https://forms.gle/umV9Z78UaBJ4cu4R9
Application Fee: https://form.jotform.com/200654545433149