ATHICA’s exhibition series Solo Duo Trio expands opportunities for individual artists to exhibit their work at ATHICA and its satellite location, ATHICA@Ciné. Artists working in any media with a cohesive body of work are invited to apply. Challenging, progressive, and innovative work is welcome. Work will be reviewed for selection by the ATHICA Exhibitions Committee. Note: Curators and curatorial teams can also submit proposals for this call. See notes inline below.
Required Application Materials
Completed Application Form: https://forms.gle/umV9Z78UaBJ4cu4R9
Including the following:
- Artist statement (curatorial statement) about the body of work (proposed exhibition)
- CV (artist or curators)
- Brief artist’s / curators’ bio
- 10-15 high quality images or links for consideration combined into a single Word document or PDF. Please label each item with a brief description, title, and date.
- Example: “Painting, Oil and Pastel, Sunset on the Rhine, 2019″
- Example: “Video, 15 minutes, Banana Peel, 2020″
Completed $10 Application Processing Fee:
Only applications with paid fees will be considered. If you need an application fee waiver, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Selected for Exhibition
- The artist will be offered an opportunity as part of a duo or trio group exhibition in the main ATHICA location or a solo exhibition at ATHICA@Ciné. In the event that the artist declines the offered date and location, they may ask to go back into the pool for consideration in another cycle.
- Artist responsibilities for the exhibition include:
- Completion of a loan and exhibition agreement outlining all terms and guidelines
- Provision of any additional information needed for promotional purposes
- Preparation of artwork in accordance with guidelines (framing or other professional presentation of work required; subject to ATHICA’s review)
- Installation and de-installation of artwork in accordance with established procedures
- Co-promotion of exhibition on artist’s social media accounts
- Provision of any reception refreshments
- Donation of 30% of any sales to ATHICA and Ciné via ATHICA, which will handle the donation-sharing with Ciné
- ATHICA will provide:
- Gallery space, lighting, installation and de-installation supervision, and assistance with labels and signage
- Promotion of the exhibition on the web, e-newsletter, social media, and through media outlets
- Printed poster, flyer, or postcard for distribution
- Complete Guidelines: ATHICA@Ciné Gallery Artist Guidelines
Deadlines and Application:
- Deadline for 2023: June 30, 2022
- Deadline for 2024: June 30, 2022
Application Form: https://forms.gle/umV9Z78UaBJ4cu4R9
Application Fee: https://form.jotform.com/200654545433149