ATHICA is pleased to announce a new exhibition series Solo Duo Trio, which will expand opportunities for individual artists to exhibit their work at ATHICA and its upcoming satellite location, ATHICA@Ciné. Artists working in any media with a cohesive body of work are invited to apply. Challenging, progressive, and innovative work is welcome. Work will be reviewed by the ATHICA Exhibitions Committee on a rolling basis for opportunities in 2020-22.
Required Application Materials
Completed Application Form:
Including the following:
- Artist statement about the body of work
- Brief artist’s bio
- 10-15 high quality images or links for consideration combined into a single Word document or PDF. Please label each item with a brief description, title, and date.
- Example: “Painting, Oil and Pastel, Sunset on the Rhine, 2019″
- Example: “Video, 15 minutes, Banana Peel, 2020″
Completed $10 Application Processing Fee:
Only applications with paid fees will be considered. If you need an application fee waiver, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Selected for Exhibition
- The artist will be offered an opportunity as part of a duo or trio group exhibition in the main ATHICA location or a solo exhibition at ATHICA@Ciné. In the event that the artist declines the offered date and location, they may ask to go back into the pool for consideration in another cycle.
- Artist responsibilities for the exhibition include:
- Completion of a loan and exhibition agreement outlining all terms and guidelines
- Provision of any additional information needed for promotional purposes
- Preparation of artwork in accordance with guidelines (framing or other professional presentation of work required; subject to ATHICA’s review)
- Installation and de-installation of artwork in accordance with established procedures
- Co-promotion of exhibition on artist’s social media accounts
- Provision of any reception refreshments
- Donation of 30% of any sales to ATHICA and Ciné as appropriate
- ATHICA will provide:
- Gallery space, lighting, installation and de-installation supervision, and assistance with labels and signage
- Promotion of the exhibition on the web, e-newsletter, social media, and through media outlets
- Printed poster, flyer, or postcard for distribution
Deadlines and Application:
- Deadline for Summer and Fall 2020: May 15, 2020
- Deadline for Winter and Spring 2021: August 31, 2020
- Deadline for Summer and Fall 2021: December 31, 2020
- Deadline for for Winter and Spring 2022: August 31, 2021
- Deadline for Summer and Fall 2022: December 31, 2021
Application Form: https://forms.gle/umV9Z78UaBJ4cu4R9
Application Fee: https://form.jotform.com/200654545433149