Teresa Bramlette Reeves
Director of Curatorial Affairs
KSU Zuckerman Museum of Art
Deadline for Submission: September 15, 2018, 11:59 PM EST
Exhibition Dates: November 3 – December 9, 2018
Seeking contemporary art in all media for the ATHICA fourth annual juried exhibition, with guest juror Teresa Bramlette Reeves, Director of Curatorial Affairs for the KSU Zuckerman Museum of Art.
- All artists are invited submit up to three contemporary works in any media by September 15, 2018. All submissions are via this online form. In some cases, additional or different work may be requested for review.
- All works must be submitted via image links in this online entry form. For assistance with submission of images as links, see: https://athica.org/call-for-entries/instructions-for-using-google-drive-to-share-images/
- Work should have been created within the last two years and not have been shown previously in the Athens area.
- Artists with 3-D, video, and performance work should state their presentation needs in order to coordinate options and available space.
- Local artists are asked to deliver their works on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 from 4-6 PM. Non-local artists will be responsible for shipping their work to and from ATHICA per instructions to be provided with acceptance.
- Artists will need to pick-up their works on Monday, December 10, 2018 from 4-6 PM unless other arrangements are made.
- An entry fee of $25.00 goes to sustain the gallery, which is a 100% community-supported and 100% volunteer organization, providing a space for artists in Athens for over 16 years. ATHICA provides a limited number of fee waivers for those in financial need.
- ATHICA will refer all sales inquiries directly to the artist, with the request that artists donate 30% of the sale back to ATHICA to help sustain the gallery.
- To enter, complete this form, which will link to PayPal for payment of the entry fee of $25.00 to email@example.com. Thank you!
- Be sure to include the name and email address used on the submission form in the notes on your PayPal payment (many people have PayPal names that are different than their real names) so that your payment can be properly registered. Only those entries with paid entry fees will be considered.
About the Juror
Teresa Bramlette Reeves was born in Athens, Georgia and received a BFA in drawing and painting from the University of Georgia, an MFA from Virginia Commonwealth University, and a Ph.D. in art history from the University of Georgia.
Prior to teaching at Georgia State University (2001-11), she worked as the Curatorial Assistant at the following New York City institutions: The New Museum of Contemporary Art, the Guggenheim Museum and Artists Space. She was formerly the Assistant Director of The New York Kunsthalle and the Gallery Director and Curator for the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center. She is currently the Director of Curatorial Affairs at the Zuckerman Museum of Art at Kennesaw State University.
She is also a practicing artist and is represented in Atlanta by Sandler Hudson Gallery. She was formerly represented by Althea Viafora Gallery and Information Gallery in NYC, and ID Galerie in Düsseldorf, Germany. In addition to solo shows at these commercial venues, she has presented solo projects at the Jersey City Museum, P.S. 1 Museum, and White Columns, as well as being included in numerous group shows in Atlanta, New Orleans, NYC, Cologne, and Paris. She has been awarded a Pollock-Krasner Grant, and fellowship residencies at the MacDowell Colony, Cite’ International des Arts (Paris), The Hambidge Center, and the P.S. 1 National Studio Program.