Call for artists for ATHICA 2017 Members’ Exhibition: During the weeks of December 2, 2017 through January 14, 2018, the work of ATHICA members is featured in this second annual members’ exhibition. As an all-volunteer and membership-based organization, ATHICA serves as a community-hub for artists seeking conversation, collaboration, and a venue for sharing and experiencing contemporary art. The 2017 Members’ Exhibition is a prime opportunity for all of these essential components of the arts in Athens.
Open to all 2017 current and joining members, the exhibit is self-curated and will be installed by ATHICA board members and volunteers. (Renew your membership for 2017 here: https://athica.org/membership)
- New and existing 2017 members are invited submit a work of their choosing in any media by November 18, 2017. All submissions are via online entry form.
- Artists are asked to deliver their works on November 19, 2017 from 3-6 PM.
- Work should have been created within the last two years and not have been shown previously in the Athens area.
- Two dimensional work should not exceed four feet in any direction. All 2-D works must be delivered ready to hang with wire.
- Artists with 3-D, video, and performance work should state their presentation needs in order to coordinate options and available space.
- Artists will need to pick-up their works on Tuesday, January 16 from 4-6 PM unless other arrangements are made
- An opening reception will take place on Saturday, December 2 from 6pm-9pm, featuring a special artist-only reception from 5-6pm.
Complete online form by November 18, 2017.