ATHICA is celebrating 20 years of supporting contemporary arts and artists in Athens. This special birthday, miraculous among small non-profit arts spaces, is all due to the community of artists and art lovers that has kept the organization going for two decades. We are excited to share that in the fall of 2021, ATHICA has the opportunity to purchase its current facility providing a stronger path to the future in a permanent home.
Please consider supporting this effort in any amount you can. To encourage your participation, the following donation incentives are yours if you wish. All donations are tax-deductible, as ATHICA is a 501 (c) (3) organization. Our goal is to raise $10,000 in order to match other contributions through grants.
- All donors will be listed on the ATHICA website and will be invited to a special birthday party event
- Baker – $5.00 and up, ATHICA sticker (unlimited)
- Frosting – $50.00 and up: above plus Postcards from the Future , limited edition artist-designed postcard set (30 available)
- Candle – $100 and up: above plus Wake up and Make Art ATHICA coffee cup (25 available)
- Flame – $250 and up: above plus name of choice on significant donors plaque in gallery (unlimited)
- Slice – $500 and up: plus pre-event significant donors cocktail party (unlimited)
- Name on the Cake – $2500: above plus naming rights with special plaque in rear gallery for ten years (1 available)
- Name on the Cake – $5000: above plus naming rights with special plaque in front gallery for ten years (1 available)
Note: Incentives will be sent to the address provided at the conclusion of the campaign.
More About ATHICA
ATHICA is an all volunteer organization and those who have assisted over the years number in the thousands. Many have participated in multiple roles: as artists, curators, board members, performers, volunteers, interns, and more. Athens can be very proud of this community-supported art space that somehow not only survives but thrives. Since 2018, ATHICA has been able to increase stipends for artists, curators, and others who contribute professional skills to the organization. In 2021, helping to support creative workers is more important than ever, as the pandemic has disproportionately affected artists whose income is produced in the creative/gig economy and service industries.
We are also especially proud that during the pandemic we have been able to continue the same diverse, local/international, and multi-disciplinary programming that has been ATHICA’s mission since its founding in 2001 by Donald Keyes, Lizzie Zucker-Saltz, and the Five-Arts team that hosted ATHICA’s first location in the Tracy Street Warehouses. In 2018, ATHICA moved to the Leathers Building at 675 Pulaski St. With the generous support of The James E. and Betty J. Huffer Foundation, we installed state-of-the-art lighting and acoustic-baffling infrastructure in the new location. In November 2021, the loft at the Leathers Building will become our permanent home and a platform for building sustainability for the future.
Please help ATHICA in this worthy effort however you can, as you have always done, and we hope it will pay dividends for years to come.
ATHICA=Artists / 2021 and Beyond!